Sunday, June 6, 2010

Tender At the Bone Personal Review

Tender at the Bone was hysterical and carried a great message. I think the mere fact the novel was about cooking and still appealed greatly to the reader is extremely significant because some other cooking stories are not so exciting or well-written. I adored the narrator and author because she was unique and viewed food as I did, a great treat. The humble father and neurotic mother gave the story a neat twist because it gave the readers another insight--that it was not only a book on cooking, it was a story about family and growing up as well. Food played a noticeable part in the novel as well, as a comfort and a hazard. I think the author did this to excite readers and reveal the purpose of food as a necessity and blessing, if it was anything not cooked by her mother. A primary purpose of the novel also is not just about cooking or food, it had a deeper meaning, as can be inferred by the underlying undertones of the narrator and her feelings and connections with people through food or cooking. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed reading the novel, as I thought it was extremely humorous and interesting, and would definitely recommend it to any others looking for a pleasant read that is hard to put down.

No comments:

Post a Comment